We’ve all had to swiftly run round our cars to dry them before water spots form, which are very hard to remove and can badly affect paintwork. And try as you might, washing and drying will cause swirl marks and light surface scratching.
See video here: https://youtu.be/GCIaB-i91Tg
Existing in-line water filters are either very expensive or have incredibly short lives, and can waste the casing, which is very environmentally unfriendly. For example, the AquaGleem filter is 2.5 litre capacity, typically retails at £55. Thats 54% more expensive than our unit costing you 38p per litre. The Race Glaze unit costs 25p per litre, as supplied with its first fill of mineral-absorbing resin,and only 10p per litre with subsequent refills
- !NOTE: this is based on Harpenden town water at 420ppm – some of the worst in the UK. Most customers will achieve significantly greater volume of pure water than this.The new Race Glaze Maxi-Filter uses a durable 11 bar pressure tested fibreglass tank ready filled with 7 litres of premium A1 grade resin (note: some budget filters use sharps ( broken reject resin, or are only part filled) and comes ready for you to add standard Hozelock-type connectors (not supplied but available on this website) to begin use immediately. Our resin is usually MB115, though in tests with other quality resins, the results are not more than 5% different.
- Mains water comes into the unit and is distributed from the bottom head and up under pressure into the resin bed, and as its only outlet is into the pipe, comes through the resin bed to emerge on the outlet side as close to 0 parts per million (ppm) of dissolved solids as possible. Using a hosepipe to wash a car uses approx. 30 litres of water (AutoExpress 21/3/2012), a final rinse only a fraction of that we estimate 5-7 litres at most.This is a breakthrough in filtered water product for car washing that is proving to be very popular.We recommend that a final rinse is performed at half mains pressure, just sufficient to create a wave of water over the vehicle, and should be able to be completed in around 45 seconds for a standard family car, little over a minute for a 4×4. This is based on our own usage over the last 4 years.
- Accessories: Water Hardness Meter so you can test the water to see when resin needs replacing, and replacement resin in 7 litre or 25 litre bags. Water Flow Meter (when available), Wall Bracket and connectors/adapters.
- For a reading of your water hardness, simply send us a sample of your output water and we’ll measure it for you and report by email. FREE service for our customers only.
- All our figures are based on a sensible typical UK hardness figure of 300ppm dissolved solids in Hertfordshire, giving 415 litres of water. You will get much more in softer water areas.
- OUR PRODUCT REVIEWS
There are dozens of reviews of these products and every one is totally genuine. Customers love them ! The product really is that good. If we added all the good things said about them verbally and on Forums we’d have 3 times as many…We have carefully selected these taller vessels, in consultation with a water treatment industry veteran, as wider, dumpier (window cleaners) vessels have a lower efficiency and can’t extract the maximum capacity from the resin. This ends up costing you more money. In our tests, our 7L filter produced 59 litres water per litre of resin, over 20% more efficient than the window cleaner 10L unit which produced 48L per litre of resin. So if you’re comparing units, add 20% to the price of the dumpy units.
- We strongly advise that you check your shed/garage for male adapters and hosepipe-end connectors prior to purchase – though you can buy them from us with your order.
- WILL WATER SOFTENERS DO THE SAME THING?
Water Softeners change dissolved hardness into dissolved sodium bicarbonate which removes limescale. However, if you boil off the resultant water you will have a residue at the end of the process – which will be left on your car if you use softened water to wash it and let it dry in the sun.Our filter totally removes all dissolved solids and there will be nothing left on your car after sun drying. They are different process designed to do different things.Our resin vessels are made in Europe (many are not) and comprise a PE inner shell and wound fibreglass outer. These are high quality, strong units with best quality fittings and top grade resin. When fitting your RG Filter, either use the softened water or direct from the mains – it wont affect the outcome or resin life.
- NOTE ON SHIPPING OUTSIDE MAINLAND UK
These are heavy items and our low standard carriage rate is designed to keep costs down for customers of our standard size car care products. Shipping for these filters outside mainland delivery areas of England, Scotland and Wales is simply too much for us to absorb and unfortunately has to passed onto customers. Shipping to Northern Ireland for instance, for a filter alone is £15 and with extra resin, is £22 in total. Please contact us if you live outside mainland (lowland) UK – the zones where you know couriers charge more to deliver!WARRANTY
The product is warranted free of manufacturing defects for 12 months, but the resin media is a consumable and not covered. If the vessel is dropped or falls, warranty on the cap and body is void.